M.PHARM. (INDUSTRIAL PHARMACY) +
MBA (PHARMA TECH & HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT)
This is a 3 year integrated program spread over 6 semesters, leading to Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm. – Industrial Pharmacy) and Masters in Business Administration MBA (Pharma Tech & Healthcare Management). The candidate will acquire postgraduate dual degrees, one in technical field (research) and second in managerial skills in Pharma sector. This also saves one academic year. This program is conducted by well-experienced senior faculty in addition to visiting professors/ industry experts.
The syllabus of M. Pharm. (Full Time) and management portion of MBA (Pharma Tech) have been blended looking into the current industrial needs, thus saving the academic hours for the technical skills required to be delivered in professional life. The course involves a balanced integration in pharmacy research & management education.
In the first year of this program, students learn 8 technical subjects and 12 management subjects. The technical subjects cover the areas of Advances in Analytical Techniques, Regulatory Aspects of Pharmaceutical Industry, Quality Systems, Pharmaceutical Product Development, Development of Dosage forms Advances in Pharmaceutical Technology II, Manufacturing of Pharmaceuticals, Engineering Services and Warehousing System. The management subjects cover the areas of Business Communication, Management of Technology & Innovation, Business Economics, Principles and Practice of Management, Marketing Management, Operations Research, Organizational Behaviour, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Statistical Methods, Project Management and Cost Accounting.
In the first semester of second year, students take up a major project on technical subject. Second semester of second year covers minor project on technical subject which is followed by management internship program (for 17 weeks). Fifth semester covers Compulsory Management subjects along with electives from the area of Marketing Management, Operation Management, Finance, HR and Pharm. Technology. Sixth semester covers seven compulsory subjects along with electives as mentioned in the curriculum.
- Tailor made course suitable for pharma industries and research organizations.
- Case studies from top industry executives.
- Experienced and vibrant faculty with expertise in pharmacy education and research areas.
- Frequent interaction with industry and research team.
- Opportunity to grow with industrial training.
- Need based research in industry related areas.
- Added placement value due to dual degrees.
M. Pharm. (Industrial Pharmacy) + MBA (Pharma Tech & Healthcare Management) - The course shall be a three years dual degree program
*Inclusive of M.Pharm-Industrial Pharmacy program
A student is expected to attend all classes. However, a student must put in 80% of total attendance for each subject, in the absence of which he/she will not be eligible to write the exam for that subject/ submit the dissertation as the case may be. A student is required to monitor his/ her own attendance and no separate notice will be displayed.
In case of genuine medical/ professional/ other reasons resulting in shortage of attendance, the student is encouraged to attend classes the following year as per the rules of re-registration and re-examination of the University. Absence beyond 20% will not be condoned for any reason whatsoever.
Board Of Studies
Board Of Studies For Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
- Dr. Sanjay Jain, Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr. H. S. Gour Central
University, Sagar (MP), India.
- Dr. M. M. Patel, Director & Principal (SVBIP), Bapu Gujarat Knowledge Village, Gandhinagar-Mansa Road, Po. Vasan, Gandhinagar.
Board Of Studies For Pharmaceutical Technology Management
- Mr. Shailendra Bobhate, Director, Supply Chain & Generic Business, Abbot Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai,
- Mr. Satessh Siingh, General Manager (Sales & Marketing), RPG Life Sciences Ltd., Mumbai
- Mr. Vikas Gadre, Director General, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Mumbai
- Mr. Ronald C. Sequeria, Executive Director, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Mumbai
- Mr. Shailesh Kamat, General Manager, Head Fusion Business Unit, Distribution & Logistics, Novartis India Ltd. Sandoz Business Unit, Mumbai
- Mr. B. S. Dhingra, Chief Executive – Domestic Pharma, Unichem Laboratories Ltd., Mumbai
- Product life cycle management with strategies of product development
- Development of various dosage forms like solid, liquid, semisolid, parenterals etc
- Various analytical techniques like UV, HPLC, LC- MS etc
- Quality systems
- Preventive mentainanace, Hazard analysis
- Material Management
- Specially designed course suitable for job placement in pharmaceutical industries & research organizations
- Top level senior faculty with expertise in Pharmacy education and research areas
- Weekly interaction with industry and research organization with top bosses / executives
- Opportunity to develop with current research trend in Pharmaceutical industries
- Need based research in industry related areas
- Case studies at all levels from top industry executives
- Industry oriented research model with opportunity to have electives of special interest
- MBA increases chances of multitasking in restricted job/ task scenario in a company as they do not want employees who can work only in silo’s
The course is predominantly based on presentations and interactions with a strong focus on the research components of pharmacy. This pedagogy enables students to take decisions based on their strong academic, practical and industrial background in the pharma sector. The course is reviewed regularly in consultation with our Board of Studies, which comprises people from pharma industry, research, FDA and pharma institutes from all over India. Thus the course is tailor made to fulfill the requirements of pharma scientists of the growing pharma industries worldwide.
- Advances in Analytical Techniques Dosage Form Technology
- Regulatory Aspects of Pharmaceutical Industry
- Quality Systems
- Pharmaceutical Product Development
Lab for 1, 3 and 4
- Management Today
- Business Economics
- Human Resource Management - I
- Sales Management
- Financial Management - I
- Statistics for Management
- Project Management
- Marketing Management
- Development of Dosage forms Advances in Pharmaceutical Technology II
- Manufacturing of Pharmaceuticals
- Engineering Services
- Warehousing System
Lab for 1 to 3
- Managerial Communications
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Operations Research
- Marketing of Pharmaceutical Products & Industry Trends
- Operations Management
- Brand and Product Management
- Pharma Industry Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Entrepreneurship Management
1. Major Project Work (Semester III & IV)
2. Minor Project Work (Semester III & IV)
- Management Internship Programme
- Quantitative Techniques for Forecasting and Decision Making
- Legal Aspects of Pharma Business - I
- Financial Management - II
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Research Methodology with Adv. Statistical Tools
- Digital Strategies in the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industry
Electives - Mgt - 4 , Pharma Tech - 2
- International Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Customer Relationship Management
- Operational Excellence in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Operations Strategy
- International Finance
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Medical Devices
- Hospital Management
- Strategic Management
- Business Analytics
- Quality Management Systems and Practices
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Legal aspects of Pharma Business - II
- Distribution Management
- Human Resource Management - II
Electives - Mgt - 4 , Pharma Tech - 2
- Pricing Strategies with DPCO
- Strategies for OTC Products
- Consumer Behaviour
- Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Project Management
- Services Operations Management
- Knowledge Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Employee Relations in Pharma Industry & T.D. in Pharma Industry
- Health Insurance and Health Financing system
- Management of (Pharma) Technology Acquisition and Transfer