Dr. Mayur C. Yergeri
Associate Dean, Chairperson UG Programme, Professor and Section Head, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
M. Pharm., Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Fellow, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS (2006-2007)
Visiting Scientist, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS (2015-2016)
022-42332000 (Extn- 2091)
Experience : 22 years (Industry – 2 years, Academics-20 years)
I have about 20 years teaching experience of Medicinal Chemistry, Industrial Pharmacy, Modern Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance to B.Pharm, M.Pharm and PhD level. I have worked with industry especially in the capacity of Production of Pharmaceuticals Products and in Manufacturing of API for couple of years.
- Acridones based derivatives
- Multidrug Resistance in Cancer cells
- Nanodrug delivery in cancer cells
- Mathematical modelling in cancer treatment
- E-Drug Delivery Systems
- Publications – Total number (International- 30 , National- 05 )
- Books- Total number - Nil
- Book Chapters- Total number - 02
- Patents- Total number - 01
- Presentations- Total number (International-04 , National- 08)
- Government funded projects – Total number 05
- Completed (Title of the project, funding agency, amount in Rs.)
DST-02, ICMR – 02 and UGC - 01
- Ongoing (Title of the project, funding agency, amount in Rs.)
- Department of Health Research, Government of India on the topic entitled “In vitro and in vivo studies of the Acridone derivatives (AC2, AC7 and AC26) in sensitive and resistant breast and lung cancer cell lines” for funding has been sanctioned.
- Facilitator of Industrial Projects under BNCP
Conferences/Workshops/Seminars attended- 25
He/She has guided 20 no. of M.Pharm. students for their research projects.
He/she has guided 03 no. of PhDs successfully and one candidate is registered under supervision.
- DHR Foreign Fellow (2014)
- BOYSCAST Fellow (2005)
- Best Review Paper by IJPER, APTI (2005)
- CSIR-SRF (2001)
- Life Member APTI
- Life Member IPA
- Member, AAAS
- Member, RCS
- Manikanta Murahari, Prashant S. Kharkar, Nitin Lonikar, Mayur YC. Design, synthesis, biological evaluation, molecular docking and QSAR studies of 2,4-dimethylacridones as anticancer agents. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 2017, 130:154-170 (Impact Factor 4.519).
- Sonali Kapse-Mistry, Thirumala Govender, Rohit Srivastava and Mayur YC. Nanodrug Delivery in Reversing Multidrug Resistance in Cancer Cells. Frontiers in Pharmacology of Anti-Cancer Drugs, Nature Publishers, 2014, 5:1-22. (Impact Factor 3.4)
- Manikanta Murahari, Mayur YC. Identification and synthesis of newer fluorescent probes and their usage as nanoparticle contrast agents in detecting cancer. Current Pharmaceutical Design 2013, 19:4622-4640. (Impact Factor 3.288)
- Rajendra Prasad VVS, Peters GJ, Clara Lemos, Ietje Kathmann, Mayur YC. Cytotoxicity studies of some novel fluoro acridone derivatives against sensitive and resistant cancer cell lines and their mechanistic studies. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011, 43(4):217-224. (Impact Factor 3.005)
- Thimmaiah KN, Apoorva G Ugarkar, Elvis F Martis, Mushtaque S Shaikh, Evans C Coutinho, Mayur YC. Drug-DNA Interaction studies of acridone based derivatives. Nucleotides, Nucleosides and Nucleic acids 2015, 34:309-331. (Impact factor: 0.894)
- Nanodrug Delivery in Reversing Multidrug Resistance in Cancer Cells, SonaliKapse-Mistry, Thirumala Govender, Rohit Srivastava and Mayur YC, Frontiers in Pharmacology of Anti-Cancer Drugs, Nature Publishers, 2014, 5, 1-22. (Impact Factor 3.4)
- Identification and synthesis of newer fluorescent probes and their usage as nanoparticle contrast agents in detecting cancer. Manikanta Murahari and MayurYC, Current Pharmaceutical Design, Vol 19, 2013, 4622-4640 (Impact Factor 3.288).
- Cytotoxicity studies of some novel fluoro acridone derivatives against sensitive and resistant cancer cell lines and their mechanistic studies, Rajendra Prasad VVS, Peters GJ, Clara Lemos, Ietje Kathmann and Mayur YC, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol 43, 4, 2011 217-224 (Impact Factor 3.005).
- Drug-DNA Interaction studies of acridone based derivatives. K.N. Thimmaiah,Apoorva G. Ugarkar, Elvis F. Martis, Mushtaque S. Shaikh, Evans C. Coutinho, Mayur YC. Nucleotides, Nucleosides and Nucleic acids, 2015, 34, 309-331(Impact factor: 0.894).